The human body needs to be fueled by the right foods but we don’t know what we don’t know. I will tell you right now that you can’t overeat sugar and remain in tip-top shape. Too much sugar will break the body down.
Below you will find the info on how much sugar you should consume per day, as reported by HealthLine.com:
- Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
- Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).
To put that into perspective, one 12oz can of coke contains 140 calories from sugar, while a regular sized snickers bar contains 120 calories from sugar.
Avoid these foods, in order of importance:
- Soft drinks: Sugar-sweetened beverages are awful, you should avoid these like the plague.
- Fruit juices: This may surprise you, but fruit juices actually contain the same amount of sugar as soft drinks!
- Candies and sweets: You should drastically limit your consumption of sweets.
- Baked goods: Cookies, cakes, etc. These tend to be very high in sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Fruits canned in syrup: Choose fresh fruits instead.
- Low-fat or diet foods: Foods that have had the fat removed from them are often very high in sugar.
- Dried fruits: Avoid dried fruits as much as possible.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!