This past weekend Taraji P. Henson’s movie, “Proud Mary” was supposed to do amazing numbers in the theaters, but it didn’t. According to RollingOut, the film crashed and some believe it’s because of the lack of support from the studio. The film is about “Mary” taking care of a boy and being an assassin at the same time.
This film was supposed to make nearly $20 million during its debut, but only made $10 million. It was the No. 8 movie in the country and fell behind films like, “The Post,” “The Commuter” and more. After the trailer came out people were excited for her.
Henson spoke out about the lack of support and said, “[Studios] never expect [Black films] to do well overseas. Meanwhile, you go overseas and what do you see? People trying to look like African-Americans with Afros and dressing in hip-hop fashions. To say that Black culture doesn’t sell well overseas, that’s a lie. Somebody just doesn’t want to do their job and promote the film overseas.” Many even turned to Twitter to sound off and support Taraji P. Henson.
RELATED: Taraji P. Henson Talks About Changing The Narrative In Films [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: Why Taraji P. Henson Decided To Tell The World She Was In Love
RELATED: Why Taraji P. Henson’s Portrayal of Emmett Till’s Mother is Needed Now More Than Ever
- St. Jude: Give To Get Your Shirt
- Sabrina Elba Stuns In Dolce And Gabbana
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Celebrating The 50th Anniversary Of Hip Hop On 92Q All Summer Long!
- Check Out Our 2023 Memorial Day Weekend Drinks Roundup
- Court Docs Reveals adidas Filed Legal Action To Freeze $75 Million In Assets Held By Kanye West’s YEEZY Brand
- Mind Body Business: 4 Unhealthy Physical Signs You Should Not Ignore
- Damar Hamlin & Buffalo Bills Teammates Take CPR Training Course As Safety Returns To Practice Field
- Dionne Warwick Denies Toni Braxton and Mariah Carey as “Icons” [WATCH]
- Disturbing Video Shows Raz B Breaking Hospital Widow & Climbing On Roof
Was Taraji P. Henson’s Film “Proud Mary” Sabotaged? was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com