New York firefighter Jason Stokes pleaded not guilty to arson charges earlier this week after being accused of setting fire to his own home back in August.
On Tuesday, the county district attorney announced that Stokes was not only charged for burning down his Endicott home, but for also trying to pin the blame on the Black Lives Matter protest movement. According to Raw Story, Stokes’ wife and children were upstairs sleeping on the night of the August 2015 incident when he supposedly set the fire, complete with a series of rigged “booby traps” like cans filled with flammable objects and gasoline.
The words “Lie with pigs, fry like bacon,” were found written on the house.
Raw Story reports:
The slogan apparently referenced an incident from August 2015, when some demonstrators chanted, “pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon,” during a Black Lives Matter protest at the Minnesota State Fair that was widely reported by conservative media.
It was also reportedly intended to be a reference to the flag outside the house with the phrase “Blue Lives Matter.”
Broome County District Attorney Steve Cornwall said he was aware of the message and believes it was written by Stokes. He told reporters, “That statement to me is absolutely despicable. It fuels a false narrative when it comes to the work that police officers do. We don’t need to show a motive, we need to show intent. That statement to me is absolutely despicable. It fuels a false narrative when it comes to the work that police officers do.”
Stokes’ family escaped the house unharmed and no other injuries were reported. He remains in jail on a $10,000 bond.
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge Protests1 of 15
2. Baton Rouge Protests2 of 15
3. Baton Rouge Protests3 of 15
4. Baton Rouge Protests4 of 15
5. Baton Rouge Protests5 of 15
6. Baton Rouge Protests6 of 15
7. Baton Rouge Protests7 of 15
8. Baton Rouge Protestors8 of 15
9. Baton Rouge Protestors9 of 15
10. Baton Rouge Protests10 of 15
11. Baton Rouge Protests11 of 15
12. Baton Rouge Protests12 of 15
13. Baton Rouge Protests13 of 15
14. Baton Rouge Protests14 of 15
15. Baton Rouge Protests15 of 15
You Won’t Believe Who This White Firefighter Blamed For Burning Down His Home was originally published on www.globalgrind.com