The Hollywood Reporter‘s annual actress round table is comprised of Kate Winslet, Jane Fonda, Carey Mulligan, Jennifer Lawrence, Brie Larson, Helen Mirren, Charlotte Rampling, and Cate Blanchett. THR’s pick for the most accurate representation of actresses this year all spoke candidly on issues such as the pay gap, sex scenes, and how they’re depicted in the industry. The cover has received plenty of backlash for not featuring any women of color. Read more.
50 Cent may have a new punching bag, and his name is Derek Jeter. 50 invested in a new line of underwear and Derek was supposed to be a promoter, but backed out. Now, Curtis is suing Derek for $5 million. The lawsuit alleges the then-Yankee signed a 3-year contract in 2011 to be a director and face of the company at major publicity events. The Queens rapper took to Instagram to air out his frustrations, saying, “Wow, guess I’m not a Yankees fan anymore. ?? LETS GO METS? Man you can’t trust nobody these day. smh.” Read more.
Dr. Dre‘s year has been full of ups and downs, from his uber successful Straight Outta Compton movie, to his reported domestic abuse. And now Dre may be caught up in a scandal, as he is allegedly the father of a kid whose mother stars on the WeTV reality show, Selling It In the ATL. TMZ says Dre has proof he is not the child’s father, but did have a relationship with Gwen Boyd Moss in the early ’90s. Dre’s allegedly been paying child support, but after obtaining a new lawyer, he began to question whether the child is actually is. Read more.
It’s official: the new Star Wars movie is going to be lit. The latest trailer features Finn the Stormtrooper, played by John Boyega, equipped with a blue lightsaber, saying, “You don’t know a thing about me. What I’ve seen.” Which makes us wonder what interesting backstory will be introduced in the film. John is the London-born Nigerian who caught a lot of flack when the first trailer was released due to his race. He quickly snapped back at the haters, saying, “We’ve been having a continuous struggle with idiots…” Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters on December 18th. Read more.
18 Photos Of Derek Jeter Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Not only is Derek a leader in his sport, he's got a million dollar smile.1 of 18
2. Whether he's warming up, working the field, or up to bat, Derek Jeter is so damn fine.2 of 18
3. Nothing's sexier than watching a guy do what he loves.3 of 18
4. Even this MLB all-star needs a break here and there.4 of 18
5. *Insert heart-eyes emoji here*5 of 18
6. Even on the sidelines, we'd be hard pressed to find a better looking man in the league.6 of 18
7. Seriously, peep those baby blues!7 of 18
8. *Swoons*8 of 18
9. Not only is Derek an amazing player, he's a true sportsman.9 of 18
10. We even love his more serious side.10 of 18
11. Jeter is always on his suit and tie ish.11 of 18
12. Whether he's rockin' pinstripes or sweats, this is one hot 40-year-old.12 of 18
13. His street style is everything.13 of 18
14. This Major League baller is no stranger to flying through the air, but he does so with some serious swag.14 of 18
15. This career New York Yankee takes practice very seriously.15 of 18
16. Off the field, No. 2 is nothing but laughs.16 of 18
17. Whoa!17 of 18
18. Like most New Yorkers, this guy can be totally casual and still fashion-forward.18 of 18
50 Cent Throws Shots At Derek Jeter, New “Star Wars” Trailer, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com