It’s official: mobile sports betting is launching in Maryland next week!
Maryland Lottery officials announced Thursday that mobile wagering will launch Wednesday, Nov. 23.
Three entities awarded licenses Wednesday by the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission, also known as SWARC, said they won’t be ready for the Wednesday launch. Those are:
- Greenmount OTB LLC
- Long Shot’s LLC
- Maryland Stadium Sub LLC (Washington Commanders)
However, the remaining seven entities must successfully complete all operational requirements, including a controlled demonstration, within the next several days to be able to launch next Wednesday.
- Arundel Amusements (Bingo World)
- BetMGM Maryland Sports LLC
- Crown MD Online Gaming LLC (DraftKings)
- CZR Maryland Mobile Opportunity LLC (Horseshoe Casino Baltimore)
- PENN Maryland OSB LLC (Hollywood Casino Perryville)
- PPE Maryland Mobile LLC (Live! Casino and Hotel)
- Riverboat on the Potomac LLC
In addition, those who are not ready by next Wednesday will be given clearance to launch as soon as they have met all the requirements.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox: