A tragedy has struck the Pippen family.
Basketball legend and 6-time NBA champ Scottie Pippen took to Twitter to reveal the sad news that his eldest son, Antron, has passed away. Like his father, Antron played basketball in college and had dreams of making it to the pros. Antron was 33 years old at the time of his passing, and he is the only child Scottie shared with ex-wife Karen McCollum.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
Scottie didn’t reveal the cause of death but left a very touching message on Instagram, saying that he’d have had a future in the NBA if it wasn’t for his asthma.
“I’m heartbroken to share that yesterday, I said goodbye to my firstborn son Antron. The two of us shared a love for basketball and we had countless conversations about the game. Antron suffered from chronic asthma and if he hadn’t had it, I truly believe he would’ve made it to the NBA,” he wrote under a picture of he and his son smiling. “He never let that get him down, though—Antron stayed positive and worked hard, and I am so proud of the man that he became. Please keep his mom, Karen, and all of his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. A kind heart and beautiful soul gone way too soon. I love you, son, rest easy until we meet again.”
Some of Antron’s siblings, including Taylor and Sierra, took to social media to speak highly of their brother saying, he was “gone too soon” and they were “heartbroken.”
In Memoriam: Celebrities & Public Figures Who Died in 2021
1. Rush LimbaughSource:WENN 1 of 13
2. Mary WilsonSource:WENN 2 of 13
3. Chick CoreaSource:WENN 3 of 13
4. Dustin DiamondSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Cicely Tyson5 of 13
6. Cloris Leachman6 of 13
7. Larry KingSource:WENN 7 of 13
8. Hank AaronSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. Magician Siegfried FischbacherSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Hall of Fame Manager Tommy LasordaSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Tanya RobertsSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Football Hall of Fame Running Back Floyd LittleSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Basketball Hall of Famer Paul WestphalSource:Getty 13 of 13
Scottie Pippen Reveals His Eldest Son Antron Has Passed Away At 33 was originally published on cassiuslife.com