The NAACP’s Youth and College division is gearing up to host a “Stay Woke and Fight” rally for civil rights before tomorrow’s Women’s March (January 21).
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
You’re more than welcome to join…
The civil rights organization, People’s Inauguration, Justice League NYC and the Empowerment Movement are gathering at the Metropolitan AME Church in D.C. to represent “a new era of activism and stand against threats to voting, civil rights, education and more under the new administration.” The rally, however, extends beyond tomorrow.
In what they’re calling the #StayWokeAndFight campaign, the NAACP group plans to incorporate “direct actions” moving forward under the new Trump administration.
Saturday, January 21
9 – 11 a.m. EST
Metropolitan AME Church
1518 M Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
Event speakers include:
- Jidenna, Grammy Recording Artist
- Cornell William Brooks, President & CEO, NAACP
- Stephen A. Green, National Youth and College Director NAACP
- Symone D. Sanders, CNN Political Correspondent
- Jamal Bryant, Pastor, Empowerment Temple AME Church
- Tamika Mallory, Principal, Mallory Consulting
- Linda Sarsour, Executive Director, The Arab American Association of NY
- Carmen Perez, Executive Director, The Gathering for Justice/Justice League
- Rashad Drakeford, Director of Content, Revolt TV
- Derick Dailey, President, National Black Law Students Association
Following the rally will be the Women’s March.
- Twitter Reacts To Donald Trump’s Inauguration
- Violent Protests Erupt in In D.C. During Inauguration [VIDEO]
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Niece Reveals She Voted For Donald Trump
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘92qjamsbmore’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
Everyone’s Calling It Quits (Again): Astrology May Have Contributed To The Recent Wave Of Hollywood Breakups
Iggy Azalea Sex Tape Leaked [VIDEO]
Jeezy Reportedly Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mae
Teyana Taylor Announces Separation From Iman Shumpert After 7 Years of Marriage: ‘We Are Still The Best Of Friends’
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
Ashanti Makes Huge Relationship Stamp During VMA's
Jeezy Gets Cryptic On IG Amid Jeannie Mai Divorce News