Administrators at Annapolis, Maryland areas high schools are scheduled to meet Wednesday with parents and students for an open dialog about racist threats at the schools, ABC News Baltimore reports.
This comes after a racist petition circulated Friday at Arundel High School and tweets appeared on social media late Monday about a White supremacist attack at Arundel and Annapolis High Schools. Police officers patrolled both campuses on Tuesday as a precaution.
The Annapolis Capital Gazette reported that students at Arundel High School circulated the petition titled “Kool Kids Klan,” which urged White students to join the group. It included White supremacist language and a racial slur to describe African-Americans.
George Arlotto, the superintendent of Anne Arundel County Public Schools, sent a letter to parents condemning the petition, according to The Gazette.
“It is unconscionable to me how anyone could believe this material is anything but horrifying, and it has absolutely no place in our schools or school system,” Arlotto’s letter stated.
On Monday afternoon before school dismissal, the first threatening tweet appeared from an account called “Kool Kids Klan KKK.” It referred to an attacked at Arundel High School. And later that evening, a second threat was tweeted about an attack at Annapolis High School on Tuesday.
ABC News reported that Anne Arundel Police Department believes the threats lacked credibility.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
‘KKK’ Twitter Threat Prompts Maryland Schools To Address Racism was originally published on newsone.com