Hundreds of Towson University students walked out of class today (November 14) to protest President-elect Donald Trump in a movement organized by the Social Justice Collective, according to The Towerlight.
“This is one of the most important moments for faculty, staff, and students to come together to stand against Trump’s hatred, racism, bigotry, homophobia, Islamaphobia, and misogyny,” an email from the Social Justice Collective said. “We do not stand for hate and we will not tolerate this on our campus, in our community, or in our country.”
While Towson joins the list of Americans protesting in outrage over Trump’s shocking win, this protest in particular is said to be – in part – the result of an incident on campus where two African American students were reportedly harassed on their way to class the day after election.
Want news at your fingertips? Text WOLB to 71007 to join our text club!
- New Ranking Lists Baltimore City among Top 10 Most Rat-Infested Cities
- FOX 45 Reporter Chased Out Of Baltimore Neighborhood During Anti-Trump Rally [VIDEO]
- How The Historic Rise Of Barack Obama Led To The Nearly Inevitable Backlash Of Donald Trump
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Election Is Stressful, But These Memes Are Hilarious
1. Election Night IsnSource:Instagram 1 of 9
2. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 2 of 9
3. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 3 of 9
4. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 4 of 9
5. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 5 of 9
6. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 6 of 9
7. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 7 of 9
8. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 8 of 9
9. Election Day MemesSource:Instagram 9 of 9