I have the worst neck pain today! I know that sleeping with the window open and using too many pillows made it happen!
What can you do to relieve yourself of a severe neck pain? Follow these tips:
- Exercise the muscles slowly. Slowly rotate your neck in a circular motion to help stretch out the agitated muscles. This may be somewhat uncomfortable at first, but it ultimately helps to alleviate the pain.
- Take over-the-counter drugs such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. These drugs should help relieve pain in the neck. Do not, however, give aspirin to children below the age of 18, as aspirin in children has been linked to Reye’s syndrome, which causes severe swelling of the brain.
- Take a shower. Let the lukewarm to hot water run over your neck for at least four or five minutes. Keep your neck straight as you do this, and do not turn it.
- Use a heating pad. Apply a heating pad for a couple of minutes to help to stimulate bloodflow in your neck.
- Get a massage. Consult with your doctor before getting a massage if the pain has been persistent for a long period. Go get a massage at your local spa. Massages are costly, but shop around for good service.
More tips here
Read more on your health:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER/INSTAGRAM @KIKIBROWN92Q