According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Roundway Of The Day: Young Moose x Yg Teck – “Loaded” [HOOLIGAN EXPRESS]
- Here’s What to Expect at the 2019 Baltimore Ravens Open Training Camp [Video]
- Tay-K Sentenced To 55 Years In Prison
- Steppin’ Down In The Name Of Common Sense: R. Kelly’s Crisis Manager Quits
- Tyra Banks Says Being Token Black Girl Was Behind Past Feud With Naomi [VIDEO]
- Kandi Burruss Responds To Phaedra Parks Saying It’s “Amusing” That She’s Still Upset With Her [VIDEO]
- Teenage Girl Shot During a Fight In South Baltimore
- Two Inmates Died Within 90 Minutes Of Each Other
- Missing Man Found After 10 Years Behind Refrigerator Of Supermarket Where He Worked
- Cardi B Posts & Deletes Alarming ‘Wish I Was Dead’ Tweet, Fans Send Her Positivity