According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed, Here’s Your Next Job
- It Won’t Stop: Chris Brown, Once Again, Accused Of Assaulting Woman Who Says He Smacked Her Weave Off
- Gov. Hogan Reacts As 2021 Baltimore Violence Numbers Outpace 2020 Numbers
- T-Pain Says He Became Depressed After Usher Told Him He ‘F**ked Up Music’
- Usain Bolt & Kasi Bennett Share Photos Of Twin Newborn Sons
- Tristan Thompson & Khloé Kardashian Split Yet Again Following New Cheating Rumors & Alleged Mansion Party Threesome
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Lil Baby and Lil Durk Announce ‘Back Outside’ Tour
- New Book Uncovers Donald Trump’s Saltiness Towards Black America
- Scam Likely: Maryland Lands On List Of States With Most Victims Of Online Fraud
- Tessica Brown Launches Hair Care Line, Makes $25k In Days