According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- The #QLevelUp Summer is Back!
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- Allyson Felix Rips Into Nike About There Being No Support For Mothers [Video]
- Round Way Of The Day: Ty High – “G Swang” [HOOLIGAN EXPRESS]
- Young Thug – The London (ft J. Cole & Travis Scott) [Official Audio]
- 3 Tips For Starting A Business, As Told By Tierra Kavanaugh Wayne [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Free Smoke: Drake Responds To Critics For His ‘Disrespectful’ Courtside Antics
- New Trend? Ty Dolla $ign & A1 Bentley Debut Colorful Manicures
- Teairra Marí Hands Over Bank Records To 50 Cent, Fofty Responds Via IG
- Ko-Show Fitness: 21 Tons Of Beef Recalled