According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- Baby Cough Syrup Has Been Recalled For Possible Bacteria
- Report: Cliff Dixon, Former Basketball Star Killed Outside Of His Birthday Party In Atlanta
- Mayor Catherine Pugh Returns Money For Book Deal With UMMS
- Rasheeda Stepped Out On Kirk, Spice Bleaches Her Skin, Scrapp + Moniece… & More Mess In #LHHATL Super Trailer
- Did You Know Megan Thee Stallion Has A Mentor In Q-Tip?
- Chelly The MC On The Importance of Embracing Her Core Audience
- Robert Kraft To Reject Deal To Have Spa Prostitution Charge Dropped
- R. Kelly Returns to Social Media Singing
- Jay-Z’s ‘Blueprint’ Among Recordings Library of Congress is Preserving