According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Op-Ed: We’re Fighting A Different Fight Than Our Ancestors, Let’s Answer “the Call”
- NBA Expected To Return With a 22-Team Format, Sources Say
- This Assistance Program Helps Self Employed, Free Lancers, and Gig Workers Says Jini Thornton [AUDIO
- Cop Involved In The Murder Of George Floyd Hit With An Upgraded Charge, Others Officers Charged
- Petition Aims To Stop ‘Heartless’ George Floyd Social Media Challenge White Kids Started On TikTok
- “There’s Got To Be A Fundamental Change In Policing Paradigm” Says Attorney Charles Adams [AUDIO]
- Your Voice Matters: Callers Express Feelings On George Floyd’s Death and Protests
- Baltimore City Election Results Removed After Error
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- Maryland Primary: View Election Results Here