Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- “Made In America” Will Not Be In Philly Next Year!
- What Baltimore Is Famous For…
- Faith Evans And Stevie J Get Married In Las Vegas
- Former Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Does The Shiggy Challenge [Watch]
- Tyga Gives Wiz Khalifa’s Korean Eyes “Hot Now” Lyric A Blessing
- Papa John’s Founder Tries To Blame Kanye West For Him Being A Racist
- Tiffany Haddish’s Ex-Husband Shoots Down Abuse Claims, Says She Requested Choking During Sex
- Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela! 5 Quotes Madiba Said That Still Rings True Today
- Roundway Of The Day: TheRealNelle – “All Of Me” [HOOLIGAN EXPRESS]
- Beyonce’s “Life Is But A Dream ” Documentary