Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Leah’s Lemonade: Rihanna is Suing Her Dad Over “Fenty” Trademark
- Work It: 18 Songs You Didn’t Know Missy Elliott Wrote
- Ko Show Fitness- Lose Weight The Right Way
- Netflix Raising Its Prices…Again
- Alicia Keys Set To Host 2019 Grammy Awards
- Get Your A$$ Out Of Bed Here’s Your Next Job
- Baltimore Ranks #1 On Top Bed Bugs Cities List
- Bag Collection: Drake Signs Multi-Year Las Vegas Residency For $10M
- Hunger Group Opens National “Fed Food” Hotline and Web Portal
- Future’s “The WIZRD” Tracklist Includes Travis Scott, Young Thug & Gunna