Want news at your fingertips? Text WOLB to 71007 to join our text club!
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning that goes into effect Monday, March 13 at 7 p.m. – Tuesday, March 14 at 2 p.m. for the entire Baltimore and Washington areas as winter storm Stella makes its way across the region.
We’re expecting six to 10 inches of snow; northern suburbs more. And despite the rain and longer sun mix, the cold air is expected to freeze and slick the roads.
The Maryland State Highway Administration has already begun pretreating roads, according to The Baltimore Sun, but meteorologists advise commuters to stay off the roads if it can be avoided.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Stay tuned for more updates, and see tips and closings below…
5 TIPS FOR NAVIGATING THE SNOW:
1. Stock up on water and nonperishable foods
2. Make sure your electronics and flashlights are fully charged
3. If you absolutely have to travel in the snow, winterize your vehicle and pack an emergency supply kit
4. Layer up to avoid hypothermia, which includes signs of confusion, shivering, difficulty speaking, sleepiness and stuff muscles.
5. Dangerous levels of carbon monoxide only takes minutes to build up when clogged with snow. Dig out your car’s tailpipe before getting in/warming up your car to avoid poisoning.
– Click HERE for Baltimore City School Closings
– Click HERE for Baltimore County School Closings
– Click HERE for Complete List of School Closings
For The Latest News: Follow @‘wolbbaltimore’
20 Photos Of Celebs Honoring The Return Of Sweater Weather
1. Drake is the new king of sweatersSource: 1 of 20
2. And T- Swift is the QueenSource: 2 of 20
3. Ciara’s sweater game is next levelSource: 3 of 20
4. Travis Scott keeps a hoodie in towSource: 4 of 20
5. Rih casually paired her white sweater with ripped jeansSource: 5 of 20
6. Future added a touch of high fashion with his hoodieSource: 6 of 20
7. Meek kept it flashy with his gold chainsSource: 7 of 20
8. Reese Witherspoon went for a floral lookSource: 8 of 20
9. SJP rocked a vintage sweaterSource: 9 of 20
10. Of course Paris Hilton opted for the casual/chic lookSource: 10 of 20
11. Daddy/Daughter sweater gangSource: 11 of 20
12. Solange donned a classic turtle neckSource: 12 of 20
13. Nicky Hilton wore this adorable spongebob turtle neckSource: 13 of 20
14. Who doesn’t love an oversized sweater? Hey Hilary!Source: 14 of 20
15. Kendall Jenner went for the tight, fitted sweater lookSource: 15 of 20
16. Kate Upton looked gorgeous in greenSource: 16 of 20
17. Hailey Baldwin showed off lengthy legs in her oversized sweater dressSource: 17 of 20
18. Miley’s sweaters are always funSource: 18 of 20
19. Blac Chyna brought the crop sweater backSource: 19 of 20
20. Even Caitlyn is ready for sweater weatherSource: 20 of 20
Winter Storm Warning: Updates on Snow Alerts In The Baltimore Area was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com