Bishop Wayne T. Jackson has been receiving lots of backlash after agreeing to do the readings and give the benediction at Donald Trump‘s Presidential Inauguration this week. But the Detroit pastor says his decision to attend Friday’s ceremony is an order from God.
He told TMZ, “Some are very strong in their emotions of me doing this. But I look at it like this, my job is to represent the Bible, and the teachings of Jesus Christ. It’s not about Democratic, it’s not about Republican, it’s about making sure that I do what Jesus says, which is that we suppose to love everyone.”
Bishop Jackson also felt the wrath of social media after he invited President-elect Donald Trump to speak at his church back in September. Check out his message above.
13 Black Trump Supporters Who Are In The Sunken Place
1. Steve HarveySource:Getty 1 of 9
2. NRA Celebrates Firearms at Annual Meeting In AtlantaSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Herschel WalkerSource: 3 of 9
4. OmarosaSource: 4 of 9
5. Dennis RodmanSource: 5 of 9
6. Stacey DashSource: 6 of 9
7. Mike TysonSource: 7 of 9
8. Terrell OwensSource: 8 of 9
9. Azealia BanksSource: 9 of 9
Donald Trump’s Inaugural Bishop Has A Few Words For His Haters was originally published on globalgrind.com