There’s usually a perfect time and place for everything, but apparently one Texas restaurant employee felt the perfect time to disrespect the police was while they were eating their food.
A Texas BBQ joint has gone viral after they allegedly blasted N.W.A.’s “Fuck Tha Police” while police officers ate at the restaurant. Deputy Shane Cates took to Facebook to share that he and a few other police officers went to Going’s Barbeque & Steak Co. in Crosby, Texas, near Houston, and while eating his food, Cates noticed that people were looking at them and heard music coming from behind the counter.
He wrote, “The guys in the back were playing a rap song that was saying ‘fuck the police’ over and over.” Cates added that when he walked to where the music was coming from, he saw a 17-year-old washing dishes and singing the song. He says the dishwasher “turned and noticed me standing there and started laughing.” After he was told that the manager wasn’t there, Cates “left with the music still playing and customers looking around.”
Cates returned the next day, only to find that the manager didn’t see a problem with the employee’s behavior, concluding, “This is just wrong in so many ways. I can’t find anything in me that thinks this is ok.” According to reports, the 17-year-old dishwasher has been fired, and his mom told ABC 13 that her son is “embarrassed by it and sorry for what happened. He made a mistake and realizes what he did was wrong. He’s deeply sorry.”
The restaurant has since apologized to the officers in a statement on Facebook.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
- ‘Martin’ Actor Tommy Ford Dead At 52
- Man Nearly Dies On A Plane Because Crew Didn’t Believe Black Woman Was A Doctor
- Toya Wright Reveals A Love Letter She Recently Received From Lil Wayne
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
Celebrities React To Dallas Police Deaths
1. Kim Kardashian penned a heartfelt letter1 of 20
2. John Legend was one of the first celebrities to respond on social media.2 of 20
3. Fabolous wants his fellow celebs to stand up!3 of 20
4. LeBron James wants everyone to stop the violence.4 of 20
5. Kevin Hart challenged his celeb friends to help make a changeSource:Instagram 5 of 20
6. Halle Berry shared a photo of her son, saying, "What will my brown son's future be? What will your brown son's future be? The uncertainty is real. I beg you not to be a bystander in this life, but to go out and find ways to make peaceful change. Our boys need us so rather than launching into deep sentiment here on this platform, I promise to find ways to get involved and help."Source:Instagram 6 of 20
7. Danielle Brooks wants to know: What's going on?7 of 20
8. Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda sent a strong message.8 of 20
9. Diddy revealed that he has something huge plannedSource:Instagram 9 of 20
10. Erykah Badu spoke out on the wrongly accused shooter.10 of 20
11. Amber Rose shared an adorable photo of her son Sebastian, saying, "I woke up this morning to my beautiful son with such a heavy heart. I grabbed my baby and kissed him, hugged him, told him how beautiful his skin and hair is and let him know that one day he will be able to change the world and I will love him and accept him no matter what."Source:Instagram 11 of 20
12. Ashanti spoke out on freedom.Source:Instagram 12 of 20
13. Boris Kodjoe wants the answers.Source:Instagram 13 of 20
14. Trey Songz ranted.Source:Instagram 14 of 20
15. Usher has a question for the people.Source:Instagram 15 of 20
16. Ms. Tina Knowles shared a pic of herself watching CNN, writing, "Oh my God ! This is horrible !! Please pray for the fallen officers, and the injured ones and their families. The violence has got to stop. Love not hate is the answer. No one has the right to take another persons life ! Not to take our black men's lives and not police officers either. "Source:Instagram 16 of 20
17. Tyrese vented.Source:Instagram 17 of 20
18. Demi Lovato tweeted about her home town.18 of 20
19. Kris Jenner reposted Beyonce's postSource:Instagram 19 of 20
20. Lala Anthony shared her thoughts.20 of 20
SOURCE: Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook, Getty