The President and his First Lady are going out with a bang.
During her interview with InStyle, Michelle dished on everything from Let Girls Learn to her impeccable fashion sense.
“I tend not to worry about the trends, because what works for an 18-year-old selfie queen may not for a 52-year-old First Lady who is a mom of teenagers she is trying to be a good role model for,” she said.
In her every day life, she keeps it simple.
“Very casual. No makeup, no T-shirt, and a pair of ripped jean shorts or workout pants because I’m always on the verge of going to or coming from [working out]. I love color and pieces that make me feel good, but it’s much more informal.”
We’re taking pointers!
She also reveals how she manages her social media presence with grace.
“We can fool ourselves into thinking that everybody is still watching the evening news, but I live with Generation Z, and I know that their habits, the way they take in information in is so different. And they’ve changed… We’ve got to meet our constituents where they are, and they’re on Snapchat.”
See what else she had to say in InStyle’s October issue and check out more pictures from the cover shoot below.
A Look Back: Michelle Obama’s Best Looks At Past State Of The Union Addresses
1. The State Of The Union Address In 2009.Source: 1 of 8
2. The State Of The Union Address In 2010.Source: 2 of 8
3. The State Of The Union Address In 2011.Source: 3 of 8
4. The State Of The Union Address in 2012.Source: 4 of 8
5. The State Of The Union Address In 2013.Source: 5 of 8
6. State Of The Union Address in 2014.Source: 6 of 8
7. State Of The Union Address 2015.Source: 7 of 8
8. Michelle Obama 2016.Source: 8 of 8
First Couple Classic: Michelle & Barack Obama Cover Essence & InStyle was originally published on globalgrind.com