The Bronx native garnered 1.8 million Instagram followers by delivering a comedic spin on her life as a New York City stripper. Her uncensored stories, outlandish antics, and crass clapbacks, along with her NYC-Dominican accent caught the attention of ratchet reality producer Mona Scott-Young, who tapped the 23-year-old as the next big star of VH1’s hit reality series Love & Hip-Hop: New York.
Cardi stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices to discuss her rise to fame, growing up poor, attending college, and the decision she made to become a stripper. Cardi also shared scary stories about the dangers of dancing, and how she harbored a lot of guilt for disappointing her family.
You can catch her each and every Monday on L&HH: NY on VH1 at 8 p.m. EST. Check out part one of our two-part interview with Cardi B up top.
10 Strippers You Should Know (PHOTOS)
1. Maliah Michel became famous after Drake shouted her out in 2009.Source:Instagram 1 of 10
2. Kash Doll is trying to get on as rapper, a la Trina and Eve.Source:Instagram 2 of 10
3. Last week, pictures of Justin Bieber sucking on Karolina's chest hit the Net.Source:TMZ 3 of 10
4. Bernice Burgos isn't even a stripper; she's a bottle girl. But she's so bad we threw her in this anyway.Source:Instagram 4 of 10
5. Dita Von Teese has been one of the most famous strippers in the world for years. She once dated rock star Marilyn Manson. Technically, she's a "burlesque dancer" and she's classy as f*ck.Source:Instagram 5 of 10
6. Sophia Body has one of the most appropriate names you'll hear.Source:Instagram 6 of 10
7. Jhonni Blaze made news last year when she allegedly had a miscarriage on stage while stripping.Source:Instagram 7 of 10
8. Cubana Lust is a model, stripper, owner of some mean curves.8 of 10
9. There's a lot of gems at Deelishis's Instagram: @iamsodeelishis She used to be on Flava of Love!Source:Instagram 9 of 10
10. Arianna is on the come up: follow her on Twitter @arianna_ddSource:Twitter 10 of 10
Cardi B Talks Growing Up Poor, Attending College, Stripper Shame, & Tips For Keeping A Man was originally published on globalgrind.com