Mack plays DJ DeeVee, who is struggling to make music without his father’s approval. His dad is played by the legendary Method Man, who ironically sees no future in that hip-hop thing – go figure. Things aren’t going great for DeeVee until he meets a thug rapper by the name of Ahm, played by Antoine Harris.
Ahm is battling between his street life and his talent, but after he bumps into DeeVee, he has to make some serious life decisions going forward.
The TV movie also focuses on the story of Nikki, played by newcomer Afton Williamson, who turned down a scholarship at a great school in order to work in the music industry after she was promised a job by Barry Fouray (Wood Harris). She has to fight for everything she earns along with her boyfriend David … until they get their big break.
I had the chance to talk to these four individuals and get the 411 on their characters, their thoughts on hip-hop, why one of them studied serial killers, and much more. Check out our interview above and watch The Breaks on VH1 at 9 p.m.
Plus, find out more about the excellent soundtrack here.
15 Of The Most Iconic Chains In Hip-Hop History (PHOTOS)
1. Eric B & Rakim's Dookie Chains1 of 15
2. The Notorious B.I.G.'s Jesus Piece2 of 15
3. Tupac's Death Row Chain3 of 15
4. Jay Z's Roc-A-Fella Chain4 of 15
5. Nas' Queensbridge Piece5 of 15
6. 50 Cent's Spinning G-Unit Piece6 of 15
7. Fat Joe's Terror Squad Chain7 of 15
8. DMX's Ruff Ryders chain8 of 15
9. Cam'ron's Spinning Globe Chain9 of 15
10. Lil Jon's Massive Crunk is Dead Chain10 of 15
11. T-Pain's Big Ass Chain11 of 15
12. Rick Ross' Chain of Rick Ross Wearing a Rick Ross Chain12 of 15
13. Gucci Mane's Bart Simpson Chain13 of 15
14. Kanye West's Horus Chain14 of 15
15. Plies' Ski Mask Chain15 of 15
Mack Wilds & Cast Of VH1’s “The Breaks” Remember The Best Of The ’90s was originally published on globalgrind.com