An investigation is currently taking place inside the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center’s emergency room in Torrance, California after a police officer shot and killed a man.
Early Saturday morning around 8:30 a.m, authorities say the man was allegedly throwing bottles at his neighbor, which led officers to arrest him. While being restrained, the man reportedly assaulted two officers and was taken to the hospital and put in handcuffs. The handcuffs were removed when officers believed he was calm but moments after, he began throwing objects at the officers, this according to reports.
CBS News reports: “A witness stated that the suspect reached for one of the officer’s guns and at that point, an officer-involved shooting occurred. One round was fired, striking the suspect,” said LAPD Commander Phillip Tingirides. At the moment, the victim’s name is being withheld.
He was 26 years old. Story developing..
SOURCE: CBS News | VIDEO/PHOTO CREDIT: Inform, Getty
Here Are 21 Of President Barack Obama’s Best Photos Of 2015
19 photos Launch gallery
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.
1 of 19
2. JANUARY: President Barack Obama has an adorable moment with Akira Cooper at the Community Children’s Center, one of the nation’s oldest Head Start providers, in Lawrence, Kan.
2 of 19
3. JANUARY: President Obama greets Prime Minister Narendra Modi upon arrival at Air Force Station Palam in New Delhi, India.
3 of 19
4. JANUARY: President Barack Obama greets neighbors after visiting a model home at the Nueva Villas at Beverly, a single-family housing development owned by local nonprofit organization Chicanos Por La Causa Inc. in Phoenix, Ariz.
4 of 19
5. FEBRUARY: President Barack Obama fakes a jump shot during an Affordable Care Act video taping for BuzzFeed in the White House Library. The video went viral thanks to jokes about his presidency and ultra-cool swag.
5 of 19
6. FEBRUARY: President Barack Obama talks with 13-year-old student Vidal Chastanet as “Humans of New York” founder Brandon Stanton photographs during a blog interview in the Oval Office. Obama was greatly inspired by Chastanet’s comments on the popular “Humans of New York” Instagram page, where he shared his troubles finding courage in school and and life despite living in a dangerous area of Brooklyn, NY.
6 of 19
7. MARCH: Obama is a classic man as he puts on a green tie in observance of St. Patrick’s Day.
7 of 19
8. MARCH: President Barack Obama delivers remarks during the event to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday and the Selma to Montgomery civil rights marches at the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Ala.
8 of 19
9. APRIL: During the Correspondents’ Dinner, his anger translator – played by Key & Peele comedian Keegan-Michael Key – helped Obama get out his biggest frustrations.
9 of 19
10. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country’s independence.
10 of 19
11. APRIL: Obama speaks with newly appointed Attorney General Loretta Lynch in the Oval Office.
11 of 19
12. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president’s trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.
12 of 19
13. JUNE: President Obama sings “Amazing Grace” during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney’s funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.
13 of 19
14. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show “Running Wild With Bear Grylls.” Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.
14 of 19
15. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as “love goals” at the White House’s state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.
15 of 19
16. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.
16 of 19
17. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who “pop off” at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.
17 of 19
18. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.
18 of 19
19. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama’s mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House’s national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.
19 of 19