Ant-Man nabbed the top spot at the box office, bringing in $58 million on its opening weekend and becoming the 12th Marvel movie to open at number one.
Minions held its ground while staying at the number two spot. Trainwreck, starring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader, brought in $30.2 million, securing the third spot and making a decent showing for its opening weekend.
50 Cent took to Instagram to air his argument against AT&T.
AT&T is reportedly considering dropping the Starz network, on which the 50 Cent-affiliated show Power runs. Fifty both produces and plays a character on the show. It may be important to note that Power is the best-performing show in Starz’s history, with an average 6.3 million views across all platforms.
Check out his Insta post below.
Speaking of Power, take a look at the clip above for a sneak peek of the next episode “Easy to Control,” the sixth episode of the second season. In it, Tommy and Ghost work together to welcome a new member to their drug ring and Tasha makes a sacrifice to protect her future.
On to the next.
“Holy shit—’scuse me,” a voiceover says as pro surfer Mick Fanning encounters a shark during the finals of a South African competition in the video above. We felt the same way watching it.
Fanning was competing in the World Surf League’s J-Bay Open yesterday, when he came face-to-face with a shark. Fanning escaped unscathed, as the shark merely bit his leg rope before he was able to shoo it away with a punch on its back. Phew.
50 Cent's Most Lucrative Business Endeavors
1. SMS Audio: This company that primarily sells headphones was founded by 50 Cent in 2011. In the same year, the company acquired Kono Audio. As far as the competition goes, he once said Dr. Dre's "Beats is Nike. We're Adidas."Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Power: 50 Cent is into all sorts of entertainment. Though he obviously stars in the Starz hit series "Power," did you know he also produced the show? "Power" holds the "most viewers ever for a Starz original series" record.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. Vodka: 50 Cent has recently partnered with Effen Vodka. The "ultra-premium" liquor comes in lots of flavors, including Black Cherry, Dutch Raspberry, Cucumber, and Salted Caramel.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. SMS Promotions: 50 Cent started this boxing promotional company after his joint project with Floyd Mayweather, TMT Promotions, failed. Though SMS Promotions reportedly declared bankruptcy this year, it previously promoted boxers such as Andre Dirrell, Chris Galeano, and more.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. SK Energy: Street King is an energy drink created by 50 Cent and his partner Chris Clarke. It boasts a variety of flavors, and was rebranded as "SK Energy" in 2012.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Frigo Underwear: 50 Cent put his insane body on full display in a series of advertisments for the underwear company this year.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. VitaminWater: 50 Cent made $100 million after selling his stake in the privately owned company.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. G-unit: We can't forget about the clothing company that 50 Cent started in 2003 and relaunched in 2010. 50 maintains full ownership of the clothing line.Source:Getty 8 of 8
What’s Happening In Hip-Pop: “Ant-Man” Rules Box Office, 50 Cent Thinks AT&T Is Racist, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com