The wife of a former player of the Buffalo Bills was kidnapped by her husband’s mistress, then killed in a murder suicide.
Sandra Barnett was murdered along an Alabama Interstate after being kidnapped from her Georgia home 24 hours earlier. Her killer, Lisa Brown, then turned the gun on herself. Brown was allegedly having an affair with Sandra’s husband, ex-NFL player Buster Barnett.
49-year old Sandra was a middle school special needs teacher and coworkers heard her arguing with a woman during a phone call before she vanished around noon. She was reportedly heard pleading, “please don’t hurt me.”
Brown’s vehicle was spotted 64 miles away from Sandra’s home and a police chase ensued. Upon pulling over, Brown fired two shots, killing Sandra and herself. Police uncovered handcuffs inside her vehicle.
Buster Barnett played as a tight end for the Bills from 1981-1984. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Sandra Barnett in the wake of this tragedy.
SOURCE: NY Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.9 of 9
Alleged Mistress Kidnaps And Kills Ex-NFL Player’s Wife In Murder Suicide was originally published on globalgrind.com