Photo courtesy of Google Maps
We’re just hours away from landfall and Hurricane Sandy has already shut down power and trees in several states. She is currently increasing in size and strength with winds up to 90 mph.
In MARYLAND STATE (according to the official Maryland state website):
The following VOLUNTARY evacuations are in place:
- Smith Island
- Somerset County: low-lying areas
- Ocean City: island wide
- Wicomico: all low lying areas around Nanticoke
- Talbot: low lying areas
- St. Mary’s: low-lying areas
- City of Annapolis: low-lying
- Queen Anne’s: low-lying
The following MANDATORY evacuations are in place:
- Ocean City – 17th Street South and known flood prone areas
- Worcester – All waterfront properties in the county. This includes all properties in the West Ocean City area, the communities of Cape Isle of Wight, Mystic Harbour, Snug Harbor, The Landings and Assateague Point. Also included in this are South Point, anything east of the parkway in Ocean Pines and all other waterfront properties throughout Worcester County.
***IF YOU NEED SHELTER PLEASE CLICK HERE
***Check on family members & see what’s happening in your area! Click HERE for a State-to-State guide to Hurricane Sandy.
Be safe out there!
Follow iiKane on TWITTER @iiKaneTweets