A good night’s sleep is essential to your health and peace of mind. Without it we feel groggy, irritated and often angry for no reason. It can affect your reaction time when driving, your ability to think on your feet and even relationships. Today in the Motivational Minute we have tips to help you get a good night’s sleep.
1. Watch what you drink. Alcohol may help you drift off but you may wake up multiple times to use the bathroom and toss and turn in your sleep.
2. Exercise during the day. Be mindful not to exercise close to bedtime, you may end up with too much energy.
3. Try to relax with meditation, read a book or take a long hot bath.
4. Watch what you eat. Heavy meals close to bedtime may cause you to channel serf for hours.
5. Create a schedule and adhere to it. Go to bed at the same time daily or at least try.
To check out the complete list of tips and be on your way to a restful night click here.