Between a wrecked Motown Tribute and the Academy cutting Drake’s mic after his dismissive Grammy commentary, the 61st annual award show was a mixed bag of highs and lows. Though, one individual remained unscathed by it all – so much so, taking a phone call in the middle of the show. Rhonda Ross, daughter of Diana Ross and Berry Gordy was caught on camera chopping it up.
MUST READ: Everyone Is Clowning Jennifer Lopez’s Motown Tribute At The 2019 Grammys [PHOTOS]
Meet The Woman Behind The Viral Phone Call Meme At The Grammys
was originally published on
1. Ross quickly became a meme.
2. Some saw it as a power move
3. Others praised her for careful color coordination.
4. Though some questioned whether the academy was calling her out.
5. While others tried to shame her.
6. But a Queen can’t be bothered when expected to sit through the garbage-of-a-Motown-tribute.
7. She probably had important work to attend to.
8. Or maybe not. But, for a lot of us, Rhonda Ross was us! Bored.
9. However, she can do what she wants. She is the daughter of a diva after all.