The opposition to the expansion of I-270 and I-495 in Maryland, as well as concerns about its potential impact on traffic congestion, the environment, and a historic African-American cemetery, have led to criticism and legal action by environmentalist groups.
Homeowners in a Bethesda neighborhood are particularly concerned about preserving the cemetery. Lieutenant Governor Aruna Miller has mentioned that the plans are being reevaluated, but it’s important to note that this dispute predates the current administration led by Wes Moore.
The previous administration, under Larry Hogan, has faced accusations of disregarding proper procedures, as indicated by the motion filed by environmentalist groups.
READ MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Artscape Cancled Satuday Due To Tropical Storm Ophelia
- Tropical Storm Warning Issued Along East Coast, Here’s How It Will Impact Maryland
- Mayor’s Annual Fall Cleanup Scheduled For October 21
- Housing Choice Voucher Program, Known As Section 8, To Start Accepting Applications Again On Oct. 2
- Amazon To Hire 9,000 Employees In Maryland For The Upcoming Holiday Season
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [9-19-2023]
- Two Minors In Police Custody After Shots Were Fired Through Dunbar’s Cafeteria Window
- Howard County Public School Changes Start Times Amid Issues With School Bus Services
- Resource Center In Canton Offering Free Self-Defense Classes For Women
- Applications For Maryland’s 2023 Student Loan Debt Relief Tax Credit Program Close On Sept. 15
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Environmental Groups File Motion To Block Toll Lanes On I-495 and I-270 was originally published on woldcnews.com
Iggy Azalea Sex Tape Leaked [VIDEO]
Jeezy Reportedly Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mae
Hitmaka Claps Back At Tink After She Alleges He’s “Foul” & That He Got “Physical” With Her
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
Ashanti Makes Huge Relationship Stamp During VMA's
Jeezy Gets Cryptic On IG Amid Jeannie Mai Divorce News