When someone you love has a mental disorder, it’s a challenge for parents, siblings, friends and relatives.
The willingness to come together as a unit, accept the diagnosis. Look for help, avoid criticism, blame, judgement, denial and disapproval because it will only make the situation worst.
Tips for supporting someone you love going though mental illness:
1. Inform yourself as much as possible about the illness being faced. Get the truth not the myths.
2. Start dialogues, not debates. If your family member doesn’t agree she or he has an illness, talk about it and find out why.
3. Getting him or her into the hospital or counseling is the best choice
4. Ask Instead of guessing what helps.
5. Seek counseling for yourself. The burden of dealing with mental illness within a family is stressful.
6. Check out support groups for family members of those experiencing mental illness.
Although it’s not easy, your love, acceptance and patience are way more effective.
- Cardi B Reveals Baby Bump On SNL [VIDEO + PHOTOS]
- Watch Drake’s New Music Video For “Nice For What”
- Woman Blames Wind On The Cocaine Police Find On Her
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘92qjamsbmore’