Summertime is quickly approaching and to help keep the kids off the street, I’m doing whatever I can do to get the word out about jobs hiring for the summer. Check out the latest.
The Bloomberg Arts Internship program is designed to challenge and inspire students. As an intern, you will work at your internship “worksite” three days per week. On the fourth day, you will participate in field trips to cultural institutions, and on the fifth day, you will participate in professional development, college prep workshops, and writing coaching sessions.
Interns can expect to develop work plans, start a college application, create personal essays, write responses to art and performances, complete a final project and, most of all, be challenged.
Interns are paid $9.25 per hour for 35 hours per week for the six-week internship, and an additional 20 hours during the orientation week — a total of 230 hours from June 20-August 4, 2017.
· Successfully complete their junior year 2016-17;
· Be 16 years of age or above as of 6/15/17;
· Have a passion for the arts;
· Commit to attend the 35-hour a week Internship plus a 20 hour orientation June 20-23;
· Commit to working full-time for 6 weeks from June 26 through August 4;