Although her legal troubles with Isaacs played out in the media for the world to see, Mary is finally opening up about the split and sharing her side of the story. On Wednesday, the queen of hip-hop soul stopped by Good Morning America and revealed that although the breakup is hard, she will persevere.
She told Robin Roberts via ABC News: “My heart is OK, I’m hanging in there. I mean, no one wants to go through this and this is hard. I’m hanging in there.” Mary, who is known for her amazing strength, even dished on what ultimately led to the failed marriage, saying, “The breaking point was when I kept asking over and over and over again for respect and to be respected. And it just seemed like I was beating a dead horse and it seemed like I was talking to a wall. I just wasn’t getting it back so if I can’t get respect in the relationship, then I have to move on and save myself. That was the point where I was like, ‘I’m done. I just can’t do it anymore.’”
But it wouldn’t be an MJB interview without some solid advice for the ladies: “My message to those women that are going through the same thing that I’m going through or a similar situation is that you cannot rely on people to handle your business. You have to handle your business. You have to take responsibility and stay on top of it because things like this will happen if you don’t.”
Although the pair has no children together, Isaacs is asking for $129,000 a month in spousal support from Mary.
- Ginuwine On His Eggplant Pics Being Leaked: “We All Trust People At Times”
- Rick Ross and Martha Stewart Get A Little Too Close [VIDEO]
- Is Faith Evans Joining LHHATL?, Jay Z Sued & More
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
12 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In '92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in '92.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Show 'em who's queen.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Let's get 'em, queen!Source:Getty 11 of 11
Watch: Mary J. Blige Reveals Why She Ultimately Decided To File For Divorce was originally published on globalgrind.com