confused us all when he claimed Lil Wayne there was no such thing as racism last month, but in a new sit-down with the Associated Press, he explains why he sees the world the way he does.
In what made for a quick, but interesting, story, Wayne recalls the day he shot himself in the chest at 12 years old. According to the Young Money rapper, the cops who “jumped over” his body to “go get the guns and drugs and whatever they could find” were “Blacker” than he is. But the man who stopped to save his life was “White as snow.”
He adds, “My life was saved by a White man. I don’t know what racism is.” Wayne made his original comments about racism during an episode of Fox Sports 1’s
Undisputed. He said many of his fans are White, and millennials don’t think racism is cool.
Watch him tell his tale just above.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews:
Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Photos Of Lil Wayne & His Famous Friends
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Trina was one of Wayne’s first celebrity relationships back in 2005. The two remain friends to this day.
1 of 19
2. Friends no more, but Birdman and Lil Wayne were so close at one point, they openly kissed on the mouth.
2 of 19
3. Since discovering Nicki Minaj in 2008, the pair have been loyal comrades.
3 of 19
4. No one on the corner has swagger like Weezy, ‘Ye, Jay and Tip.
4 of 19
5. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have built such a great rapport, they have a joint album together.
5 of 19
6. The self-proclaimed best rapper alive and the greatest current NBA Champion LeBron James have been friends for years.
6 of 19
7. Wayne and Diddy often chop it up about boss talk.
7 of 19
8. Bow Wow and Wayne go back to their “Lil” days.
8 of 19
9. Of course, there’s no Drizzy without Weezy.
9 of 19
10. Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne both spend a lot of time in Miami; that’s how their relationship has grown.
10 of 19
11. Floyd Mayweather is another famous friend from Wayne’s Miami life.
11 of 19
12. Jesse Jackson a fan of Weezy’s? Who knew.
12 of 19
13. Yeezy and Weezy always show love when they’re around each other.
13 of 19
14. Skateboard Wayne and Adrien Brody are pals.
14 of 19
15. DJ Khaled has worked with Wayne several times, and the two have built a great friendship.
15 of 19
16. Lil Wayne admitted to having a crush on Ciara back in 2006. They both have since moved on, but remain friends.
16 of 19
17. Serena Williams and Lil Wayne can both talk about being the greatest at what they do.
17 of 19
18. Eminem and Lil Wayne have both reached pinnacles in their career that no one else has. What a way to bond.
18 of 19
19. Christina Milian and Lil Wayne were a little more than just friends. But after their split, they remained cordial.
19 of 19