Social media erupted on Tuesday after a Snapchat screenshot went viral, showing a police officer in uniform with text that included a racial slur.
Pennsylvania officer Melissa Adamson has been fired after an offensive photo which read, “I’m the law today n**gas” made its rounds on the internet. The insensitive pic reportedly cost her two jobs with local departments. On Tuesday, she resigned from her part-time job as a police officer in Versailles.
Adamson told Pittsburgh’s Action News, “I’m not a racist. That’s not how I plan on portraying myself. I love my job. I love what I do. It’s what I want to do for the rest of my life.” She added that the derogatory term was used loosely by people around her, saying, “Everyone that knows me knows I don’t have a racist bone in my body. And people who don’t know me, I can understand why it was misconstrued to where it looks racist. But like I said, everyone who knows me knows I’m not racist.”
Michael Cherepko, the Mayor of McKeesport where Adamson worked, released a statement on Facebook, saying that the post, “displays a degree of conduct and character that is far different from what I would expect from an officer in this city. It is absolutely unacceptable. Without hesitation, my office and the police chief’s office immediately concluded that this officer’s actions will not be tolerated in the city of McKeesport. She has been relieved of her duties, and her employment has been terminated.”
Unfortunately for Adamson, the photo emerged while she was still in probationary training for the city’s department.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
- DJ Khaled Take A Tumble On Stage [VIDEO]
- Beanie Sigel Speaks Out About Meek Mill in Lengthy Rant [AUDIO]
- Watch Beyoncé Fix Her Own Technical Difficulties And Perform ‘1+1’ At The Same Damn Time
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
Celebrities React To The Shooting Of Alfred Olango
1. Jamie King speaks out.1 of 2
2. Kehlani posted to IG " I am backstage in hysterical tears. I sound horrible, I feel horrible. I'll make it up to you. REST IN PEACE ALFRED OLANGO. I AM SO SORRY THAT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE CALLED TO SAVE YOU FROM AN EPILEPTIC ATTACK CAME AND KILLED YOU. IM SO SORRY PEOPLE ARE SO DESENSITIZED THAT EVERYONE JUST GOES ON ABOUT THEIR DAY."Source:Getty 2 of 2
SOURCE: NY Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook, Twitter, Getty
Here’s What Happened When A Cop Used The N-Word On Snapchat was originally published on globalgrind.com