The Major Key super-producer rode around picking up NYC Lyft passengers as a part of the app’s new promotional campaign, and surprisingly, not everyone recognized him. Going incognito in shades and a baseball hat, Khaled introduced himself as “Billy the Locksmith,” hilariously telling customers he has “all the keys to everything.” At certain points, he even referenced himself and his own song “I Got The Keys,” but most riders were completely clueless.
“There are times where I really don’t know what I’m doing and all I got to do is turn on Snapchat, and be like ‘Alright, what’s DJ Khaled doing today? How’s he gonna inspire me today?’ one passenger tells the Snapchat king, to which he responds with a huge smile. Another says Khaled is a “bit much” for her, at which point he reveals his true identity.
Would you have recognized “The Dramatic One” if he was driving you around in the city?
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
13 Photos Of DJ Khaled Before He Became The Snapchat King
1. Khaled, Trina, and Fat Joe in 2006.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Back in the early 2000s, Khaled was the DJ for Terror Squad.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. "We the Best."Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. TS circa 2004.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Throwback Remy and Khaled.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Brothers. Major Key.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. What a difference a decade makes.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Cloth Talk.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Khaled and Akon hit up 106 & Park back in the day.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. They don't want you to be happy.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Khaled and Boosie in '08.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Giving major keys to Flava Flav.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Cash Money meets Cloth King.Source:Getty 13 of 13
DJ Khaled Goes Undercover & Drives Lyft Passengers Around NYC was originally published on globalgrind.com