Miley Cyrus has come a long way since her days on the Disney Channel.
The 23-year-old superstar went from happy Hannah Montana to happy hippie right before our eyes, and is more comfortable in her own skin now than ever before. The Voice’s newest coach graced the cover of ELLE Magazine’s October issue and dished on the new and improved Miley – sans red carpets and publicists.
On never doing red carpets again, Miley stated:
“[A year ago] I had to do the [A Very Murray Christmas] premiere, and I will never do a red carpet again. Why, when people are starving, am I on a carpet that’s red? Because I’m ‘important’? Because I’m ‘famous’? That’s not how I roll. It’s like a skit—it’s like Zoolander.”
She continued on, opening up about her relationship with Britney Spears:
“[My manager Adam Leber] works with her; we’ve stayed close because of that. She’s a little distant in her world. I just want Britney to be happy. Every time she puts out new music, I’m like, ‘Is that what she wants to be doing? Or does she just want to chill?’ She’s looking so good right now, and looking happy.”
Miley is changing everything about the way she interacts with the world as a celebrity. She even admitted that she’s deciding to no longer employ a publicist and wants to share her life with her fans only via Instagram.
ELLE’s October issue hits newsstands in select cities starting September 14, and nationwide on September 20th.
SOURCE: ELLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
14 Of Miley Cyrus' "Shady Wardrobe Choices" From 2014 (PHOTOS)
1. Comparatively, this isn't soooooo bad.1 of 14
2. See?2 of 14
3. Bieber, is that you?3 of 14
4. Why don't you add a little Moschino to that Moschino?4 of 14
5. She's just being....Miley.5 of 14
6. Um, free the nipple. Yeah.6 of 14
7. Thinking pink. Or something?7 of 14
8. Or something.8 of 14
9. We just aren't sure what.9 of 14
10. A picture says a lot of words...10 of 14
11. Huh.11 of 14
12. Well, her top is cute.12 of 14
13. Girl look at that...body?13 of 14
14. This, this we can deal with.14 of 14
Miley Cyrus On ELLE Magazine: She Dishes On Quitting Red Carpets, Friendship With Britney, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com