Lupita Nyong’o‘s sky-high up-do at Monday’s Met Gala really stole the show. But it didn’t take long for a mainstream publication to start the misappropriation. Vogue Magazine credited the look to Hollywood icon Audrey Hepburn.
Confused? Lupita was too, and she took to Instagram to voice her thoughts. She *elegantly* clapped back with the below video, making sure to tag the magazine in the caption, which read: “Hair inspiration. Check.”
The clip shows images of Black women wearing the style, proving that sculptural up-dos are a traditional African look. On the red carpet, Lupita also credited Nina Simone as her hair inspiration.
Tell ’em, Lupita.
SOURCE: Black Girl Long Hair | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram, Twitter
La La, Lupita Nyong'o, & More Celebrities Hit Opening Night Of "Eclipsed"
1. La La, Lupita, and DanaiSource:Getty 1 of 11
2. Lupita in green.Source:Splash News 2 of 11
3. Lupita Nyong'o x Danai GuriraSource:Splash News 3 of 11
4. Danai Gurira shows off her beautiful smile.Source:Splash News 4 of 11
5. Naturi NaughtonSource:Splash News 5 of 11
6. John TurturroSource:Splash News 6 of 11
7. Slay, La.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Stephen Byrd & guestSource:Splash News 8 of 11
9. La La, accompanied by her brother Christian.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. La La x Michael K. Williams x Rohan MarleySource:Getty 10 of 11
11. La La stands by her mom and brother.Source:Getty 11 of 11
Lupita Nyong’o Claps Back At Vogue For Crediting Audrey Hepburn With Her Met Gala Hair was originally published on globalgrind.com