Beyoncé Fever is upon us. Queen Bey broke the internet on the last day of March, not with her new album but with a new venture. The “House Of Deréon” creator recently announced that she’ll be releasing a new athleisure line through Top Shop called Ivy Park.
Since activewear isn’t exactly a new invention, someone asked on Twitter, “Is Ivy Park supposed to be like lululemon?”
Innocently enough, the fitness line replied by saying: “They do say imitation is the best form of flattery. Maybe Beyonce is so Crazy in Love with our brand, she made her own.”
That didn’t sit so well with the BeyHive. How dare anyone suggest that Beyonce isn’t innovative?
“RIP lululemon #IvyPark,” said @RadiantTiffani: “When you think [Beyonce’s] dropping an album but she actually drop kicks lulu lemon.”
If you want to know the definition of internet bullying, just come for Beyoncé when she didn’t send for you! Lululemon was dragged so badly on social media that the brand had to delete their initial tweet and they’ve been doing damage control all day.
“No harm meant- we’ve got nothing but love” said the Lululemon brand in a series of tweets. “We heard everyone’s feedback and decided to retract the original post…We never meant to throw bows as we’re major fans of hers.”
Beauties, do you think it’s fair that the #Beyhive dragged Lululemon Athletica so relentlessly? We love Beyoncé too but she didn’t invent activewear. What if pieces from her collection were inspired by another brand? Can anyone critique Queen Bey without getting their edges snatched?
Beyonce & Blue Ivy’s White House Easter Egg Roll Cuteness (PHOTOS)
1. Michelle And Barack Obama Greet Guests With The Easter Bunny.Source: 1 of 8
2. President Obama “With Bunny Ears” At The 2016 White House Easter Egg Roll.Source: 2 of 8
3. President Obama And The Easter Bunny.Source: 3 of 8
4. Michelle And Barack Obama Greet Guests With The Easter Bunny.Source: 4 of 8
5. President Obama Greets A Baby At The 2016 White House Easter Egg Roll.Source: 5 of 8
6. Scenery From The 2016 White House Easter Egg Roll.Source: 6 of 8
7. Michelle And Barack Obama Greet Guests With The Easter Bunny.Source: 7 of 8
8. 2016 White House Easter Egg Roll In Action.Source: 8 of 8
Fitness Brand Lululemon Forced To Apologize For Trying To Shade Beyoncé & Ivy Park was originally published on hellobeautiful.com