A definitive measure of one’s dopeness may be determined by the quality of compliments they receive. When Rihanna tells you “you’re so fucking rare,” you know you’re dope.
That’s exactly what happened to Seattle resident Sanam, one of Rih’s right-hand-women from the “Bitch Better Have My Money” music video.
You posted an Instagram snapshot of Rihanna following your account a few months ago. What happened between Rihanna following you on Instagram three months ago, to Rihanna casting you as her co-star in her new video?
When I refreshed my notifications, she had unfollowed me, so I was sad about it. Then two weeks later, she followed me again. The next morning, I went to work, and I got a DM from her on Instagram. She was like, “Hey, I have this idea I want to run by you. I think you’re so fucking rare. Let me know if you’re interested.” I had no idea what she was talking about. I was just freaking out, because Rihanna is messaging me on Instagram, telling me that she thinks I’m cool.
Then I got another message from someone who works for the production company that made the video, and they were like, “We want to put you in Rihanna’s video! Send us an email or give us a call.” At first, I was just like, This can’t be real. This is really weird. I don’t know about this. But I ended up getting in touch with the guy who messaged me and it was all legit. I spent my entire day at work going back and forth talking to them. At the end of the day, they were like, “We just got the confirmation from Rih: We want to cast you, and we want to fly you out tomorrow.” And I flew down there the next day.
She followed me on Instagram on a Wednesday night, and then I was in LA on Friday morning. It was crazy.
Sanam, who has never acted or been in the public eye, went on to say that after asking Rih how she found her, the bad gal simply responded by saying she saw the 25-year-old on her Explore page on Instagram.
Said photo that got Sanam noticed:
Message: Up your selfie game and keep flexing on Insta. Princess Rih may be watching!
In the meantime, click here to watch the BBHMM video.
BadGalRiRi: 26 Times Rihanna Posed Provocatively (PHOTOS)
1. RiRi gives us a glimpse of her cleavage in all white.1 of 26
2. We'll never forget the magic that happened in Rihanna's "Pour It Up" video.2 of 26
3. Because, why not?3 of 26
4. This is one of RiRi's faves.4 of 26
5. Phuck yo' feelings.5 of 26
6. RiRi puts on a show for Esquire Magazine.6 of 26
7. Bend over girl, show us what you're working with.7 of 26
8. Because going topless is a thing.8 of 26
9. Rihanna dries off in the sexiest way possible.9 of 26
10. RiRi toots that thang in the middle of nowhere.10 of 26
11. All hip and a little nip.11 of 26
12. RiRi makes love to the ocean.12 of 26
13. Bend over girl, show us what you're working with.13 of 26
14. Because, why not?14 of 26
15. RiRi perfects her dive stance, poolside.15 of 26
16. This is one of RiRi's faves.16 of 26
17. RiRi shows off her derriere while cuddling close with Shakira.17 of 26
18. Butt naked is the way to go.18 of 26
19. RiRi takes her top off beside bestie Melissa.19 of 26
20. Whoa.20 of 26
21. A little crack for the road?21 of 26
22. Because topless is the way to be.22 of 26
23. Backside flawlessness.23 of 26
24. Mood.24 of 26
25. We'll never forget the magic that occurred in Rihanna's "Pour It Up" video.25 of 26
26. Spread 'em.26 of 26
Want To Get Cast In A Rihanna Music Video? Up Your Selfie Game was originally published on globalgrind.com