After all the controversy over who would play Aaliyah in the forthcoming Lifetime biopic, actress Alexandra Shipp got the part. She talks to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” about how she got cast after Zendaya decided not to do the film.
Text GOSSIP To 71007
To Get The Hottest Tea Daily!
Reply Help for Help; STOP GOSSIP to Cancel; STOP to End All. Msg&Data Rates May Apply. 5 msgs/wk
Alexandra also discusses the impact Aaliyah had on Black women, and the challenges she faced playing such an influential young woman in music. Plus, hear what she said about R. Kelly reaching out to her, and what she really wants to know about him, and Aaliyah in this exclusive interview!
Get more celebrity interviews here and tune in to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE weekdays from 6-10 a.m. EST!
Who We Think Should Be Cast In Aaliyah’s Biopic
1. Casting The Aaliyah Biopic…Source: 1 of 10
2. Omar Gooding As TimbalandSource: 2 of 10
3. Columbus Short As Dame DashSource: 3 of 10
4. Jamie Foxx As R. KellySource: 4 of 10
5. Danielle Brooks As Missy ElliottSource: 5 of 10
6. Terrence J As Aaliyah’s Brother Rashad HaughtonSource: 6 of 10
7. Affion Crockett As Jay ZSource: 7 of 10
8. Justin Combs As GinuwineSource: 8 of 10
9. Michael K. Williams As DMXSource: 9 of 10
10. Aaliyah’s Mother Diane HaughtonSource: 10 of 10
Alexandra Shipp Discusses Aaliyah’s Impact On Black Women [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on RickeySmileyMorningShow.com