One in seven woman will develop breast cancer in their life. But many woman don’t know that much about the disease. Here are a few myths about breast cancer:
1. Mammograms are painful
2. Chemotherapy will make me nauseated and I will be vomiting all the time.
3. I’f I have a breast lump, it’s cancer.
4. You only get breast cancer if you have a family history. I don’t have a family history, so I don’t have to worry about it.
5. Herbal remedies and dietary supplements can help treat breast cancer.
6. I’ve made it five years with breast cancer, so my breast cancer won’t return.
7. If cancer is exposed to air during surgery, it will spread
8 other common myths about breast cancer are available and the experts responses to them. Visit www.med.umich.edu