Black Eyed Peas frontman, Will.i.am, announced Monday (January 24) the launch of a new iPhone/iPad app called BEP360 that immerses fans in a 360 degree universe of the popular hip-hop group.
Featuring the world’s first 360-degree view music video (“The Time 360”), BEP360 features the song “The Time (Dirty Bit),” the first single from BEP’s new CD, The Beginning, out now.
“Will.i.apps and the BEP360 app have been established to help artists tap into the potential of our hyper-connected mobile world and bring fans deeper inside the music far beyond a four minute audio recording,” said Will of the new app. “It’s a unique and completely new way to experience 360 degree music immersion that will bring artists and fans closer together.”
Some of BEP360’s key features are:
- Point iPad, iPhone and iPod touch device at the cover artwork of the band’s latest album, The Beginning (Interscope Records) and watch augmented reality take form with BEP avatars dancing to the beat
- Direct a virtual photo session with Fergie, will.i.am, apl.de.ap & Taboo allowing users to capture their own shots and share them.
- Stay up to date on everything about the Peas via an aggregated Twitter feed
- Play an addictive Peas-inspired puzzle game
- View pictures and comments posted by other BEP360 app users on a virtual earth
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to allow fans to get closer to The Black Eyed Peas and realize will.i.am’s vision of the first mobile 3D360 music video,” commented 3D360 CEO Myles McGovern.