Headkrack‘s esteemed guest for this hip-hop spot just happened to be the legendary hypeman to Busta Rhymes and incredible artist in his own right, Spliff Star. They cover a whole range of topics, including the hidden major responsibility of the hypeman, and how frequently rappers seem to be getting into trouble nowadays, from as extreme of a case to Bobby Shmurda, to something like what Desiigner is dealing with.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Plus, Spliff Star weighs in (with over twenty years of hip-hop experience and expertise) on why he thinks newer artists aren’t making classic, timeless records. Check out the exclusive video above to hear more in the hip-hop spot from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: Hip-Hop Spot: How Houston Rappers Are Coming Together To Help Black People [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Why Drake Is Like The Color Tan Of Rap [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Tory Lanez Explains What Is Special About Toronto’s Hip-Hop Scene [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
10 Rappers With Unexpected Side Businesses
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Pharrell Williams recently announced he’s teaming with upscale grocery store Dean & DeLuca to offer a line called “The Williams Family Kitchen” inspired by authentic recipes straight from the Williams family.
1 of 11
2. 2 Chainz never forgets where he came from. The rapper once revealed that he’s a landlord in his hometown of Atlanta.
2 of 11
3. Lil Kim has always been about her coins. The Queen Bee teamed with North Carolina salon owner and cousin Katrise Jones to expand and franchise Jones’ Salon Se Swa brand to five salons.
3 of 11
4. One of the most unexpected business ventures in hip-hop history was Jay Z acquiring partial ownership of the New Jersey Nets, bringing them to play in his hometown of Brooklyn. Iconic!
4 of 11
5. Cam’ron has had some of the most innovative businesses in the rap game. He’s had everything from his own line of cereal to capes to even owning his own chicken spot in Harlem.
5 of 11
6. Snoop Dogg has his hands in almost anything you can think of. One of his more unusual side projects is his chain of Snoopermarkets with Overstock.com.
6 of 11
7. Rick Ross put his money where his mouth is. The MMG Boss has built himself a small empire of Wingstop franchises.
7 of 11
8. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.
8 of 11
9. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.
9 of 11
10. LL Cool J has been making moves since his career started many years ago. The rapper released a children’s book called “And the Winner Is…. “. It comes with a CD and is part of a Scholastic series called Hip Kid Hop. It’s still available on Amazon.
10 of 11
11. Back in 2008, E-40 invested in Icepiks by E.D.K.O.: A studded toothpick held in the teeth of celebs like Chris Brown and Ja Rule for stylish purposes.
11 of 11