CLOSE
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Gala at the Conrad - Arrivals

Source: Derrick Salters/WENN.com / WENN

DJ Whoo Kid might need to start carrying a fire extinguisher in the booth with him during his sets if things carry on like this. The veteran New York DJ was playing a party in Las Vegas when one of his speakers burst into flames last weekend.

Unsung Cruise

Join Our Text Club To Get The Latest Music, Entertainment, Contests And Breaking News On Your Phone. Text BALTIMORE to 24042 to join!

Page Six reports:

DJ Whoo Kid’s set at Liquid Pool Lounge at the Aria in Las Vegas was cut short Friday — after a speaker caught on fire.

“It was insane. There was a crazy bachelorette party that [came into the DJ booth and] kept turning up the volume,” a spy told Page Six. “It was like 108 [degrees], and the heat index was so high the speaker just busted. It caught on fire and all of a sudden, smoke was coming from everywhere. Needless to say, the day party was cut short.”

It appears that everyone made it out the party unharmed, thankfully.

Photo: WENN

Too Much Heat: DJ Whoo Kid’s Speaker Caught On Fire During Set was originally published on hiphopwired.com

Also On 92 Q:
The Rise Of Cardi B, Our Favorite ‘Round The Way Girl
14 photos
×