This week while on the red carpet, Da Brat was asked about R. Kelly and the “Surviving R. Kelly” docuseries. She mentioned that in some way the parents have to take accountability and that she wasn’t going to stop listening to his music.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Just days after on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show,” Da Brat used this platform to make a statement about what she said. She wants to make herself clear and let everyone know she watched the documentary again.
Da Brat took her relationship with R. Kelly out of her head and watched the “Surviving R. Kelly” docuseries again.
She said, “You think you know someone and you don’t.”
In no way shape or form does she condone sexual violence. Da Brat apologized to the parents for what she said and also feels very bad for what the victims had to go through.
She mentioned that it hurts to watch it and doesn’t want anyone to think she supports him and the actions.
Listen to Da Brat’s full statement up top.
Timeline of R. Kelly’s sexual assault accusations below.
- R. Kelly’s Daughter Speaks Out Following ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ Reactions
- Pastor Facing Prison Time For Stealing Almost $35,000 From Congregation
- Cuteness Overload: Tia Mowry-Hardrict’s Baby Girl Cairo Is Adorable [PHOTOS]
Timeline Of R. Kelly’s Sexual Assault Accusations
1. 1994: R. Kelly Marries AaliyahSource: 1 of 10
2. 1996: Tiffany Hawkins Eues R. Kelly For Alleged Sexual MisconductSource: 2 of 10
3. 2000: Chicago Police Open An InvestigationSource: 3 of 10
4. 2002: Patrice Jones Sues R. Kelly After He Allegedly Got Her PregnantSource: 4 of 10
5. 2003: Florida Police Charge R. Kelly With Child PornographySource: 5 of 10
6. 2003: The Girl In The 2002 Sex Tape Was 14Source: 6 of 10
7. 2008: R. Kelly Wins His Illinois TrialSource: 7 of 10
8. 2017: Mississippi Sheriff Sues R. KellySource: 8 of 10
9. 2017: R. Kelly Accused Of Holding Women Hostage In His HomeSource: 9 of 10
10. 2018: Unnamed Woman Accuses R. Kelly Of Giving Her An STISource: 10 of 10
Da Brat Clears Up Red Carpet Statement About R. Kelly [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO] was originally published on RickeySmileyMorningShow.com