If you didn’t already know, Def Jam recently signed a new rapper out of Florida who goes by the name of Trap Beckham. Most know for his “Birthday Chicks” track and 7-14 mixtapes, Trap Beckham has been taking the college scene by storm. He says radio is next.
Press play up top to watch him and AJ (Rap Attack) talk about what he’s got coming up and how he went from performing at colleges to getting signed to Def Jam.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
These 12 Rappers Lost Weight & Look Better Than Ever
21 photos Launch gallery
1. Missy Elliott was one of the biggest stars of the ’90s.
1 of 21
2. Now she’s known as one of the best producers of all time and looks better than ever.
2 of 21
3. Rick Ross has always been a big boss.
3 of 21
4. Dr. Dre was a comfortable producer from Compton.
4 of 21
5. Then he started hitting the gym as much as the studio…and voilà.
5 of 21
6. David Banner went from wild rapper…
6 of 21
7. To superconscious king.
7 of 21
8. Timbaland’s larger than life beats won everyone over in the ’90s.
8 of 21
9. But both his beats and his health have gotten even better over the years.
9 of 21
10. Before heading to prison, Remy Ma was a carefree girl from the Bronx.
10 of 21
11. Remy came home as a grown woman who is clearly about that gym life.
11 of 21
12. Waka Flocka came in the game as a wild boy.
12 of 21
13. There’s nothing in the world that Queen Latifah can’t do.
13 of 21
14. …Including lose lots of weight while still managing to look like her fine self.
14 of 21
15. Scarface never let the industry change him.
15 of 21
16. But the rapper has become more health conscious and feels he’s happier because of it.
16 of 21
17. Jadakiss has been a fire emcee for over 20 years.
17 of 21
18. With his weight loss, he still looks the same as he did 20 years ago.
18 of 21
19. Fat Joe may have to change his name after his drastic weight loss.
19 of 21
20. These days, he’s Fly Joe.
20 of 21
21. Paul Wall looks like a completely different person. Still tippin’.
21 of 21