Is Tatyana Ali the real mastermind behind the daytime talk show The Real?
The famed Fresh Prince of Bel-Air actress made headlines late last week after news of her lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Telepictures hit the internet. Apparently, The Real was an idea she pitched company executives back in 2012.
Tatyana Ali says she came up with the concept for the show and eventually pitched to execs in 2012 but was told they “decided to decline.” The Real debuted about six months later as “a direct production” of the concept she hatched, according to the suit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court.
The suit continues:
“With a great deal of disappointment and complete disbelief,” the suit says, Ali “witnessed [her] concept come to life on major network television at the hands of the Defendant Corporations.”
The Real co-hosts Tamera Mowry-Housley, Adrienne Bailon, Loni Love, and Jeannie Mai have had to deal with a ton of controversy following Tamar Braxton‘s May 22nd dismissal from the show, and we’re sure this lawsuit won’t make things any less tense.
Click here to read Tatyana’s full complaint against Warner Bros. and Telepictures.
SOURCE: Deadline | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Back In The '90s: 10 Times Tatyana Ali Was So Ashley Banks
1. 1990: Tatyana leans in for a photo with Will Smith and Quincy Jones.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. 1992: Tatyana gets all colorful for the Fifth Annual Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Tatyana and Kimberly Ali show off their super sweet smiles.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. Simply beautiful in 1994.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. And SO Ashley Banks.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Ashley Banks and her curly locks were made for the camera.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ms. Ali in blue.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Fresh-faced Tatyana back in 1995.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Tatyana shows off her '90s style in '96.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Gorgeous.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Guess Which Sitcom Star Is Suing ‘The Real’ For Theivery was originally published on globalgrind.com