This was better than 99 percent of BET’s Hip-Hop Awards rap cyphers.
Last night, Centric and BET aired the 2015 Soul Train Awards which was hosted by Erykah Badu. From Erykah’s hilarious skits and performance of her 1997 classic “Tyrone,” to the 20-minute Babyface tribute, the Soul Train Awards featured so many great moments.
One standout moment of the night came in the form of a soul cypher featuring Eddie Levert, Chrisette Michele, Lalah Hathaway, K-Ci (of Jodeci), and Erykah on the 1s and 2s.
Watch the dope cypher up top.
SOURCE & VIDEO CREDIT: BET
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
1. Bold accessories can turn overalls into a unique look.1 of 16
2. Matching is for losers.2 of 16
3. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.3 of 16
4. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.4 of 16
5. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.5 of 16
6. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.6 of 16
7. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.7 of 16
8. All yellow everything.8 of 16
9. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.9 of 16
10. Another interesting hat.10 of 16
11. That time she rocked destroyed jeans and a muscle tee at the Grammys.11 of 16
12. When she made feathers a fashion statement.12 of 16
13. The bag lady.13 of 16
14. She's never afraid to take hair risks.14 of 16
15. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.15 of 16
16. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.16 of 16
This Soul Train Awards Soul Cypher Is All You Need In Life was originally published on globalgrind.com