Security Guard positions (Hagerstown)
Security Officer Job Purpose: Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
Thursday Oct. 9th from 11am-3:00pm
11825 Newgate Boulevard
Hagerstown, Md 21740
ask for James Kennedy (443) 622-0358
Evening and night shift positions (Full-time & Part-time)
Skills/Qualifications: Performing searches of client employees, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
In order to adequately protect people and property, security guards must know and enforce rules and regulations to prevent criminal activity before it happens. Monitor points of access in a building or property to allow entry only to individuals with the correct identification or authorization. In some situations, such as public events or crowded areas, they walk amongst visitors to promote order and provide a visible presence that deters safety issues.
Secures performing searches of client employees, Enforce company /client policy, procedures & regulations.
Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
Maintains environment by monitoring equipment and patrolling building.
Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
The right candidate must contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Must adhere to all sites specific post order requirements. Must be non-timid person. Enforce badge procedures. Responds to alarms, emergency codes, and security related incidents; decides what actions to take based on the situation, facts known, and position limitations Protects property from theft, defacement, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents. Investigates and reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations to supervisor for correction or follow-up actions. Provides needed assistance to customers, co-workers, visitors, and/or the client that are in line with the company’s procedures Must be able to pass any state required training to obtain Security Guard license.
Detailed job specification of Security guard:
- High School diploma, GED equivalent or DD214; clear Criminal record-pass background check; Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- One (1) year of experience as a security guard, police officer, military or a combination of education, training, or work experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Knowledge in security techniques and procedures.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate reports and be able to speak and write effectively.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, have keen observation qualities to remember details on incidents and locations.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work cooperatively, courteously, yet firmly with all segments of the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community Officials, and the general public.
- Ability to walk and stand for a long period of time.
Receptionist (Pikesville, MD)
We are looking for responsible, energetic, people loving person to work the front desk at Nico Hair Salon. Experience preferable, has to be good with math, also some knowledge of Russian language. You’ll be working Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Call Sophia 410.877.5322. Leave a message and your number.
Commercial Cleaners Wanted!!
If you have experience cleaning commercial properties, and have a flexible schedule please send your resume. Or call Gabriel @ (443)405-3615
LICENSED BARBERS-Booth Available for Rent (Glen Burnie)
Immediate Full time openings for Licensed Barbers available at “The Company” Barbershop located at HairMistress & Co on Aquahart Rd. A historic location in Glen Burnie formerly known as Afrolistics has always been known for our family oriented environment. The owner is looking for responsible, professional employees looking to expand their clientele and to continue the legacy that lives in this establishment. OFFERING FLEXIBLE HOURS and AFFORDABLE BOOTH RENT.
IF YOUR ARE INTERESTED IN THE POSITION PLEASE CALL OR TEXT. (202)290-0603 *Pictures of your work are required.*
If you’re still looking for a job in your area, click here!
Classifieds from earlier this week:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER/INSTAGRAM @KIKIBROWN92Q
FAN ME ON FACEBOOK @MSKIKIBROWN