Ray Rice running back for the Baltimore Ravens holds a camp every year to uplift and encourage the youth to stay active, healthy and positive with the help of his other baller friends. The last thing you would think would come out of a fans mouth is anything negative. Recently fans took heat when Ray Rice’s day camp became full and started sending back lashing rude emails to his camps staff. What fans aren’t taking into consideration is that Ray doesn’t have to hold a FREE camp. We should be thankful that he is trying to uplift our youth and better our community!
OK OK im going to get out my feelings take a seat, lol. Check out how Ray Rice responds to the action of the 1,124 fans below….
“Man some of y’all are about to put my foundation lady into tears. The football camp sold out within 3 minutes yesterday. The most FAIR way for everyone is to do this on a first come, first served basis and not getting in is no reason to curse out my staff. #ThatIsAll!”
To the 1124 people who emailed my staff yesterday to curse and give them a hard time about their child not getting into camp:
1. After the Boston tragedy – be THANKFUL that the kids you wanted to register are SAFE and UNHARMED…HUG them tight and know that the world will NOT end because they didn’t get in – it’s JUST a football camp!
2. Turn a negative into a POSITIVE – Use this as an OPPORTUNITY to explain dealing with disappointment and not always getting what you want to your kids and set an example! And no, the example would NOT be to cuss out the people in charge and try to bully your way in.
3. Would just like to say that with 20,000 people vying for 500 camp spaces, I could basically charge whatever I want for this camp, yet, my staff and I have decided to keep it FREE for YOU! Just saying….
4. If you send repeated emails arguing with my staff, cursing, or being rude, you will be taken off the email list because I value the people that work with me and won’t let you do that to them.
5. THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Check out Ray Rice’s speech during his annual camp in 2012 below…
Follow me on Twitter/Istagram @PersiaNicole