How To Recognize Carbon Monoxide Posioning

Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment

It 3AM and I’m awoken to the sound of fist pounding on my door!!! It was the Baltimore County Fire Department informing me that there was a carbon monoxide leak in the building and they were checking every resident’s apartment to test the CO levels. A mine were low and in the safe range but my neighbor next door unfortunately was forced to evacuate due to higher levels of the colorless, odorless gas. This was too close for comfort and really scary too!!! Here are a few tips on how to protect you’re self from carbon monoxide poisoning.

  • Know in your home where carbon monoxide is produced. This is anywhere that burns gas, coal or wood and proper ventilation is essential to prevent the deadly gas from spreading to other parts of your home.

 

  • Know the symptoms of Co poisoning such as nausea, vomiting, headaches, fatigue and confusion. Symptoms also have flu like similarities, if one or more of your family members show these symptoms you could be suffering from CO poisoning.

 

  • GET A CO2 DETECTOR!!! This is probably the most important thing you can do ans one should be installed on every room of the house especially in areas where CO2 leaks may occur.

Source:


</body

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

Tags: » »

Comments

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,101 other followers