10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
1. Amazing SpeechesSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Flawless FashionsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Health InitiativesSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Her Cool FriendsSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Black Girl MagicSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Magazine Covers6 of 10
7. Supporting BarackSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Mom GoalsSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Memorable TV AppearancesSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. IconicSource:Getty 10 of 10
Throughout Oprah Winfrey’s illustrious career, she has nabbed some pretty high-profile interviews, but none of those compare to her upcoming sit-down with First Lady Michelle Obama. It’s FLOTUS’ last sit down with the press living in the White House.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Mrs. Obama will invite the talk show guru over to her family’s personal residence and discuss a range of topics including being the first Black family of the United States, the legacy they hope they leave behind and what lies ahead. “First Lady Michelle Obama Says Farewell to the White House – An Oprah Winfrey Special” will first air Dec. 19 on CBS, with an encore showing Dec. 21 on Oprah’s network OWN.
Given the two women’s strong relationship—Oprah has been a vocal supporter of the Obamas and endorsed President Obama in both 2008 and 2012—it makes sense that she that would be the last person to interview FLOTUS. And we’re here for it all and definitely anticipate hearing what the future holds for the First Fam.
And we’re not alone.
As Time pointed out, there’s been a lot of speculation about what President Obama and the First Lady will do in the upcoming years as their youngest daughter Sasha finishes out high school. While there has been a push for FLOTUS to run for public office, but POTUS confirmed that just wasn’t true. However, the couple stressed that they hope to continue to work on the initiatives they were able to create while living in the White House, including efforts to help encourage girls’ education around the world and the president’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative.
- Nicki Minaj Slammed For Recording A Woman With Mental Illness
- R. Kelly’s Fan Grabbed His ChestNUTS On Stage…And He Liked It LOL! [VIDEO]
- Are 2 Chainz and Snoop Dogg Beefing?
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
34 Photos That Will Make You Miss The Obama Family Already
1. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 1 of 22
2. Two TermsSource:Getty 2 of 22
3. A Family AffairSource:Getty 3 of 22
4. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Getty 4 of 22
5. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 5 of 22
6. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza/The White House 6 of 22
7. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 7 of 22
8. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza/The White House 8 of 22
9. Always Giving BackSource:Getty 9 of 22
10. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 10 of 22
11. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 11 of 22
12. Obama Loves Team USA, His Wife & MaliaSource:Getty 12 of 22
13. Reading TimeSource:Getty 13 of 22
14. Family SupportSource:Getty 14 of 22
15. The Sister SelfieSource:Pete Souza/The White House 15 of 22
16. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza/The White House 16 of 22
17. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 17 of 22
18. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 18 of 22
19. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 19 of 22
20. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 20 of 22
21. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 21 of 22
22. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Getty 22 of 22