A man traveling from the Dominican Republican to New York was taken into custody after heroin was found in his sneakers.
Arriving at JFK Airport last Wednesday, United States citizen Perez Beltran was stopped by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers. During an inspection, the officers found three pairs of sneakers in his luggage that were unusually heavy. Contrary to Nelly‘s advice, he needed more than two pairs of Air Force 1s.
After digging through the sneakers, a tan powdery substance was spotted, and later tested positive for heroin. In total, about three pounds of heroin were seized, which has an estimated street value of $90,000.
Beltran was arrested and turned over to Homeland Security Investigations, where he’ll be facing drug smuggling charges. It turns out sneakerheads aren’t the only ones who need to travel with a few pair of kicks.
SOURCE: Fox 29 | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter
A History Of Kanye West Sneaker Collaborations (LIST)
1. "The College Dropout" Nike Air Max 180 (2006)1 of 8
2. Kanye West Bape “Dropout Bear” Bapesta (2006)2 of 8
3. Kanye West's Reebok S. Carter Collection (2008)3 of 8
4. The Nike Air Yeezy (2009)4 of 8
5. Kanye West's Louis Vuitton Collection (Part 1)5 of 8
6. Kanye West's Louis Vuitton Collection (Part 2)6 of 8
7. The Nike Air Yeezy 2 "Red Octobers" (2014)7 of 8
8. Kanye West's Adidas Yeezi8 of 8
This Guy Tried To Smuggle $90K Of Heroin In Nike Air Force 1s was originally published on globalgrind.com