In a very honest discussion, rapper Lil Boosie spoke to TMZ about his thoughts on codeine cough syrup being pulled from the market. It’s the main ingredient for the drug “lean” which has been extremely popular among Hip Hop artists in the last few years.
As we previously reported, the pharmaceutical company Actavis is ceasing production of its high-end cough syrup because it’s being widely abused to make lean, also known as sizzurp.
Boosie opened up about his own use of the drug and the horrors that it took him through when he was abusing it. In the frank discussion Boosie said he nearly died 3 or 4 times from drinking lean and says it’s,
“f***ed up a lot of rappers and the culture of hip hop. Users don’t realize something that tastes like Kool-Aid can be so addictive.
Boosie was recently released from prison where he was locked up on drug charges which also included extra time for trying to smuggle codeine syrup into prison.
“Once you on, it’s hard to get off … it’s damn near impossible.”
We think the man knows of what he speaks!
Celebs Who Died Of Drug Overdoses [PHOTOS]
1. John BelushiSource: 1 of 18
2. Billie HolidaySource: 2 of 18
3. Elvis PresleySource: 3 of 18
4. Janis JoplinSource: 4 of 18
5. Jim MorrisonSource: 5 of 18
6. Dorothy DandridgeSource: 6 of 18
7. Marilyn MonroeSource: 7 of 18
8. Jimi HendrixSource: 8 of 18
9. David RuffinSource: 9 of 18
10. Jean-Michel BasquiatSource: 10 of 18
11. Chris FarleySource: 11 of 18
12. River PhoenixSource: 12 of 18
13. Anna Nicole SmithSource: 13 of 18
14. Ol’ Dirty BastardSource: 14 of 18
15. Heath LedgerSource: 15 of 18
16. Michael JacksonSource: 16 of 18
17. Amy WinehouseSource: 17 of 18
18. chris-kelly-kris-kross-e13674611739751Source: 18 of 18
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
Lil Boosie: “Lean F***ed Up A Lot Of Rappers And The Culture Of Hip Hop.” was originally published on theurbandaily.com